Date of Incorporation: 1995 Franchising Since: 1995
Headquarters: London, UK
Country of Origin: UK
Business Description: European Car Rental is a Munich based car rental company owned by the German investment company European Group of Companies. European Car Rental today operates a fleet of over 100,000 vehicles in approximately 8 countries covering Europe, North America, The Middle East, Africa, Latin America, the Indian Ocean, the Caribbean and Asia Pacific. The passenger car fleet is generally renewed between two and five months; Commercial Vehicles are run longer.
Franchise Offer: European Car Rental offers franchisees the exclusive right to use the European Car Rental trademark in a defined region. European Car Rental also offers the benefits of being a partner in an international network, and the assistance of European Car Rental experience in developing and building the car rental business.
Training and Assistance: European Car Rental provides franchisee staff with extensive training and support material to ensure complete knowledge of European Car Rental systems, standards, procedures and products, including: a six day initial training, help to study the market, help to find premises, and ongoing monitoring of the franchisee.
Territory: The location size of a European Car Rental branch is a minimum of 30sq meters.
Fee Structure: All franchise locations have an ongoing fee structure, which applies to the day to day business. This includes the following:
- Royalty Fee: Subject to territory or location
- Marketing Fee
- Factoring Fee
Additional costs to be considered when purchasing a territory or location include:
- Location lease or cost of the premises (the responsibility of the franchisee)
- Location set up and fit out including all office furniture, equipment such as counters, décor, branch layout, painting and signage in accordance with the Local Marketing Guide
- Pre-opening expenses such as launch, advertising and promotional material
- Purchase and maintain a fleet of vehicles
- Supply of computer hardware and software, also system licensing fees